As the COVID-19 – or novel coronavirus – continues to develop and evolve, the team at Northcote Animal Hospital would like to reassure all pet owners that we are doing everything we can to protect our customers, staff and the wider community. This has meant the introduction of certain procedures and protocols to limit the likelihood of spreading COVID-19.
We also ask that if you are ill, are displaying COVID-19 symptoms, have returned from overseas in the last 14 days or have been in contact with someone who is confirmed or suspected to have contracted COVID-19, please re-book or delay your appointment.
Our New Protocols
In the interest of protecting our team and the wider community, we are making some changes to certain procedures and protocols to limit the likelihood of spreading COVID-19. Some of these changes will increase the time it takes to complete consultations, and we will be operating with reduced staffing levels therefore we ask for your patience in the event of longer waiting times.
If your pet requires a consultation, please phone ahead or book online. We can also offer video consultations so that you can have your consultation from home.
We request that all payments be cashless. We will need your help tearing off the eftpos receipt and placing it on the spike.
Impeccable Hygiene Standards
As a vet clinic, we practise impeccable hygiene standards at all times to protect the furry friends who come to visit us, as well as their owners and our team. We can confirm that our regular disinfectant is effective against COVID-19.
Nonetheless, we have introduced further precautions in accordance with the Australian Government’s Department of Health’s guidelines for best hygiene practices.
These increased hygiene and cleaning precautions include:
- All team members are to practise social distancing and wear face masks
- All team members are to sanitise their hands between each consultation, as well as between each procedure performed on your pet.
- All clients are to sanitise their hands upon arrival to our hospital.
- High contact points, such as phones, workstations, door handles, light switches and public toilets, will be frequently disinfected.
- It has been reinforced to team members that they should stay home and seek medical advice if they are ill, display symptoms or have been in contact with someone who is confirmed or suspected to have COVID-19. An appropriate assessment will be performed before they return to work.
- We respectfully ask any clients who feel unwell, have upper respiratory tract infection symptoms, or have been in contact with someone confirmed to have contracted COVID-19 to not come into the clinic and reschedule their appointment where possible.
Northcote Animal Hospital would like to thank all of our clients in advance for your patience and understanding during this time. As well as looking after your pets’ health, we want to do everything we can to ensure that the health of our clients, team and wider community remains protected. We hope that everyone stays safe and well as we get through this crisis together.